Spring 2021 | Center for Mindfulness and Compassion Offerings for Students & Faculty/Staff
Due to COVID-19 all meetings, services, and events will be held virtually. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please email Lisa Caton at email@example.com.
Mindfulness is a word that is commonly used in daily life and frequently not appreciated for its transformational potential. Here are some opportunities to learn more:
Getting a Taste of Mindfulness Workshops (Virtual)
During this experiential workshop you will explore the history and science of mindfulness as well as get a taste of what it really means to live mindfully.
- Monday, February 8th from 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- Wednesday, February 10th from 3 PM to 4 PM
Four Week Mindfulness Challenge (Virtual)
This challenge is to get more in touch with yourself and live with greater ease. The Challenge includes commitment to:
- Attend weekly 1 hour mindfulness training sessions.
- Meditate 10-minutes daily with optional check in & feedback
- Respond to weekly Private Facebook Group Posts.
Weekly Training Session Schedule:
- Wednesdays, February 17 to March 10 from 3 PM to 4 PM
Do you think you can do it? Sign up here: https://tcnj.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cYHQgFLSrwUIGXQ
30 Minute Community Guided Meditation Sessions (Virtual)
Wednesdays at noon, starting February 3
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the zoom link.
Resources for Exploring Mindfulness Resources on Your Own:
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Develop Your Own Mindfulness Practice | Getting a Taste of Mindfulness Workshops (Virtual)
Mindfulness is a word that is commonly used in daily life and frequently not appreciated for its transformational potential. During this experiential 75-minute workshop you will explore the history and science of mindfulness as well as get a taste of what it really means to live mindfully.
Tuesday, January 26th from 5 PM to 6:15 PM
Thursday, February 18th from 5 PM to 6:15 PM
Wednesday, March 17th from 5 to 6:15 PM
These sessions are led by Lisa Caton, the Director of the Center for Mindfulness and Compassion.
To sign-up for one of these free sessions click:
30 Minute Community Meditation Sessions (Virtual) | Wednesdays at noon, starting February 3 and led by Lisa Caton
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org up to one hour before noon each week to receive the link for the zoom gathering.
Bring Mindfulness Into Your Classroom, Department or Student Group:
- Workshops: Offer an Introduction to Mindfulness Workshop in your class, department or student organization.
- Fourth Hour Program: Invite the Center to lead a fourth hour mindfulness component for your course. A detailed description of this program is available.
- Consultation: Consult with the Center about mindfulness activities that complement your curriculum or support the specific needs of your department.
- Resources: Take advantage of resources (https://religiousandspirituallife.tcnj.edu/center-for-mindfulness-and-compassion/mindfulness-compassion-resources/) such as podcasts, apps, books and other online resources to engage students with mindfulness.
For more information contact Lisa Caton at email@example.com.