Campus-wide Initiative to Promote Mindfulness and Compassion
We are dedicated to fostering a sense of compassion in the TCNJ community and providing programs that help us become more mindful in all aspects of our lives.
We are guided in this effort by the International Charter for Compassion (http://charterforcompassion.org) Their mission is to promote a cooperative effort to restore compassionate thinking and action to the center of religious, moral and political life.
Weekly Events include:
- Start the Week with Some Compassion: Monday Night Gatherings, Dinner, & Discussion from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm in the Spiritual Center.
Each week we will focus on different aspects of compassion with guests or readings from different religious or philosophical traditions or information on recent research in the fields of psychology or neuroscience.
- Mindfulness Meditation: Monday from 6:30 to 7:00 pm in the Spiritual Center.
- Mindfulness Meditation: Tuesdays and Thursdays from Noon to 12:30 pm in the Spiritual Center.
This may include a reading or movement as well as 10-15 minutes of guided meditation and closing reflections, if any. Through the practice of mindfulness meditation on an ongoing basis one is able to access greater wisdom and compassion
- Find us on Lions Gate at lionsgate.tcnj.edu/organization/mindfulness
- Like us on Facebook at ‘Circle of Compassion at TCNJ’ to find out more.
- Check out our website at Circleofcomapssiontcnj.weebly.com.
- For weekly news, spiritual reflections, reminders and more join our e-mail list! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.